Kiskede (Chedia Mica in the official Romanian language) is located in the center of Transylvania, the Hungarian-speaking part of Romania. The first written record of human settlement dates from 1567.
In the medieval period, Kiskede was a Roman-Catholic village, but after the reformation the population switched to the Unitarian church. Kiskede (meaning small village of Kede) and Nagykede (meaning big village of Kede), two neighbouring villages have a common Unitarian church even today, situated at the top of the hill which divides the two villages.
Kiskede offers a peaceful atmosphere without traffic, gas station or shops, only 50 people live there.
It is 7 km to the nearest small city, Székelykeresztúr (Cristuru-Secuiesc), and only 30 km to Sighisoara, a fine example of a small, fortified medieval town, part of the UNESCO World Heritage Centre.
Outside the village, just over the hill, there is a lovely lake, great for fishing and swimming in summer.
This is where our horses live and also where all the tours start.